Saturday, September 15, 2007

Let's Get It Started (in here)

Okay. I signed up for this blog a loooong time ago, and promptly abandoned it after my first post. I know I suck as a blogger, really - I don't know if I add anything to the world mix, as it were. Still, I've got opinions, insights and jokes, and a blog is much better (and safer) than ranting atop a soapbox at the corner of Wilshire and La Cienega.

So now I've rededicated myself to blogging, and posting stuff that I think is excellent, emotive, indicative of who I am and what makes me think. Hopefully, you will like it too.

My first post:




Jon Stewart is the most trusted name in news.

This is the funniest ish I've seen in a long while. I don't know of male gospel singers out there with such a keen sense of satire/humor; if anyone out there knows the brotha singing, tell him I said YOU GOT JOKES, HOMIE!

"maybe he was wearing Hammer pants, who remembers Hammer pants...?"

I also love how JS matches the singer's melodrama even as he barely successfully stifles a laugh towards the end. This is why the show wins Emmys every year. Take THAT, Jay Leno - grab a pair, whydon'cha!

But seriously folks, when did it happen that our only source of true news is a fictional comedy/satire show? I watch TDS first, then CNN, then read the LA Times, then if I want to know more about the latest SoCal fire/earthquake/fill-in-the-natural-disaster-here, I'll check out a local broadcast - but the minute they mention some stoopid celebutard I turn the tv off. And when TDS goes on news hiatus, so do I - I'll catch up on my Seinfeld re-runs, thanks, renew my Feats of Strength!

No comments: